Clinical Assessment and Behavior Therapy Services
The clinical assessment and therapy services offered by Synergie focus on evaluation and management of issues related to sexually offending behaviors by providing intensive assessment to those suspected of committing a sexual offense as well as comprehensive assessment and treatment services to those adjudicated as sexual offenders. The clinical and consultative services of Synergie serve to:
· Conduct intensive clinical assessments, including the use of the latest technology employing Abel Screening Tools, as well as comprehensive behavioral and psychometric testing services for males and females.
· Provide a range of high quality programs and referrals responsive to the level of service needs.
· Provide professionals with information on community treatment and supervision needs, progress attained, potential risk, and specific stipulations enhancing successful community adjustment.
· Prepare sexual offenders to return to the community and establish links to appropriate community-based resources for treatment and supervision.
· Create environments that promote effective delivery of educational and treatment services.
· Provide comprehensive services for persons with developmental disabilities.
· Establish and maintain behavioral data systems facilitating aftercare of offenders, program process and outcome evaluation, and program planning.
· Coordinate and participate in residential services for sexual offenders.
Synergie also provides direct clinical services and consultation, which include the following:
Community consultation and networking with local referral agencies and case workers to assist with intervention for sexual offenders.
Aftercare and safety planning services to facilitate maintaining community placement.
On site evaluative services, including clinical assessments in local communities.
Contracts with state and local agencies and human service centers, including residential contracting possibilities.
Specialization in the assessment and treatment of sexual behavior patterns in males utilizing Abel Screening Tools.
Synergie Clinical Services
Clinical Services provided by Synergie include both individual and group behavioral consultative services, such as:
Behavioral Skills training approaches
Individualized treatment strategies
Behavioral contingency management
Conditioning approaches (covert sensitization, olfactory conditioning, satiation therapies, behavioral rehearsal, arousal reconditioning)
Behavioral skills training (as above)
Identification of deviant behaviors and their cycles, and distortions in self-report
Behavioral consultation with other direct contact professionals
Group treatment strategies
Clinical Behavioral Assessment
Synergie clinical programs are based upon ongoing and comprehensive clinical assessment of sexual arousal and behavior. This information is very useful for a number of reasons: (1) behavioral and psycho-physiological assessment provide for a valid measure of a person's current levels of sexual arousal toward different sexually-oriented stimuli; (2) treatment services can then focus on specific arousal and behavior; (3) clarification of a person's behavioral patterns; and (4) ongoing assessment ensures the adequate measurement of behavioral change over time to evaluate whether or not treatment is effective.
Flexibility in Services
Synergie can also perform comprehensive assessments at the setting in which the client resides, from residential homes to secure facilities.
The major goal of the comprehensive assessment services offered by Synergie is to assist in making empirically based and validated clinical decisions in the following areas:
· Identification of persons who exhibit arousal toward both appropriate sexual behaviors and inappropriate sexual behaviors relating to sexual abuse.
· Identification and formulation of specific treatment programs and safety planning.
· Determination and evaluation of behavioral alternatives, incorporated directly into each person's individual and specialized treatment services.
· Reduction of cognitive distortions and inaccuracies evident in self-report of sexual arousal and behavior.
· Synergie consultants also serve as expert witnesses relating to appropriate legal and behavioral forensic issues concerning the assessment and treatment of sexual offenders, including persons with developmental disabilities.